The first name given this church was “Olivet Baptist Church.” That was upon learning another Baptist Church was so name and the name was changed to “Trinity” in order to avoid confusion. Thank God for the Detroit location (Indiana and Fenkell), Livonia location and 6 Mile location.
This church was organized in August 1924 with a charter membership of 49. On August 24, 1924 a group of 15 people with a vision of what might be accomplished for the Lord in the Fenkell-Livernois district met in a mission hall on Oakland Avenue.
This church worshipped first in a store room at Fenkell and Parkside, then over the Fenkell Theatre, and moved to it’s location, on December 11, 1927. An addition was built on the auditorium of the old building in 1935.
In 1964 is when the Trinity Baptist Church inter-racial ministry was in its beginning stages. We extend heartfelt gratitude to all of the former leaders and those who worked with the youth. Frank Camper, Norm Mathais, Ken Hampton, Ron Ballard, Bro. Darling, Henry Ford, Bill Gaden, Wiley Hunter, Bob Phelps and Hollis M. Evans. These leaders made incredible spiritual development in our youth.
Trinity Baptist Church cherishes the fond memories of the late Pastor Rev. Dr. Lyle M. Adams for 26 years of service to our congregation. His strong faith, great vision and love for our community was an inspiration for all of us. Trinity is proud that the former Trinity Baptist Church Indiana location is now “The Dr. Lyle M. Adams Activity Building.”
We give thanks for our ministries – The Stephen Ministry, Outreach Committee Ministry and our Missionary activities. We are very proud of our Farr Park Development.
Pastor Hollis M. Evans was called to serve as the Senior Pastor for 36 years, and in 2018 serving as Pastor Emeritus.
Pastor Maurice A. Flaniken faithfully served as Interim Pastor beginning April, 2017 and elected as our current Pastor in January of 2018.
We are thankful to GOD for all He has done, for all He is doing and for all He is going to do. To God Be The Glory!